This morning I saw a woman on the train with a tattoo of a green dinosaur on her foot.
I know absolutely nothing else about her but I’m pretty sure she has the correct priorities in life.
okay so it turns out when your internet is disgustingly slow and cuts out on you constantly it’s a good idea to call your provider because there’s a chance it’s actually a problem on their end not yours and they’ll come in and fix it for free and credit you back for the days it was shitty
reblogged from 109pm
Part of the reason I am taking a tumblr hiatus is your photos make me sick with envy, I miss Colorado so much. But I still love you.
awww I’m sorry! If it’s too bad when you are randomly on or if I’m still posting when you get back, I’ve been tagging everything related to the trip with “rocky mountains 2014” and you can blacklist that if you have xkit.
Also if it’s any consolation I was basically crying the whole time because it was this dream come true and I hadn’t been out west in 9 years and I was just so happy to be seeing more of it. And I was CRAZY JEALOUS of your trip let’s be honest. You’ll get back out soon! You’ll take me with you when you do! YOU WILL RIGHT
so it turns out I may have spent like 40% of my trip staring in fascination at what I now know to be black-billed magpies
okay you know what shut up I know they’re assholes but asshole birds where I come from are ugly as sin, we don’t have ANY birds with striking black and white feathers but if you get up close the black is actually metallic shades of green and blue while this beautiful bird stares at you balefully from a tree or its dinner of roadkill like it knows exactly how fabulous it is so bow down, mortals
(I also know that they’re meaner than our asshole birds which is why I am also 100% okay with not living with them kthx)
reblogged from truncated-symphony
- my mom overheard this conversation in the campground one night
- Kid: Look, I can count the stars! One, two, three, four, five, six! There are six stars!
- Her Mom: Mmm-hmmm.
- Her Dad: I think you may have missed one or two.
reblogged from jesuit-space-pirate
lol! Don’t feel too bad! He was totally talking out of his ass, as far as I can tell ladybugs don’t have family or hive structures or anything like that. They’re only in groups when they’re hibernating. I’m sure he got the kid to let it go back into its world and it’s totally fine now. It just had a little adventure first.
- A kid walked past me holding a hat, and this happened
- Kid: I'm gonna take it home and put in a jar and keep it!
- His Dad: No, you can't do that. You'd be taking it away from its environment, its family...
- Kid: Well, I've already taken it away from its family.
- His Dad: Ladybugs have a homing device that allow them to find their families. It works up to about a thousand feet.
- Best parental lie I heard all week.